Terms And Conditions
ICC World T20 Fantasy Cricket Terms and Conditions ("Terms of Play")
1. These Terms of Play apply if you play the ICC World T20 Fantasy Cricket ("the Game"), which is operated by International Cricket Council FZ LLC, a corporation having its principal office at International Cricket Council, Dubai Sports City, PO Box 500070, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (“ICC”) and Fantasy League Limited of Unit 2A Leeder House, 6 Erskine Road, London NW3 3AJ ("the Promoter"). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PLAY OR WIN.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Entries to the Game are only accepted by completing the entry form and entering a fantasy team on the website located at cricketicc.fantasyleague.com ("the Website"). Entrants are restricted to submitting one team with their ICC user account login and one team with their facebook login. Any individual entrant who uses multiple email addresses, in the sole opinion of the ICC and the Promoter, will have all teams removed from the competition.
3. ENTRY DEADLINE: The ICC World T20 Fantasy Cricket will commence on March 16, 2014 and end on April 6, 2014. In order to score points for the whole duration of the Game, entry must be made via the Website no later than 09.30 GMT (10:30 BST) on Sunday, 16 March 2014. Any team entries received after 09.30 GMT (10:30 BST) on Sunday, 16 March 2014 will score points from the start of the next match after the entry has been submitted. To score points for a match, selections must be submitted prior to the scheduled start time, even if the actual start is subsequently delayed. Player points scored from matches played earlier in the tournament will not be added in retrospect.
4. CONFIRMATION OF ENTRY: Entries correctly submitted via the Website will result in an acceptance email (which entrants are advised to keep) confirming the entrant's email address and team name.
5. Incorrect, incomplete or corrupted entries will not be accepted. The computer record of the entry will be considered to be the entry. The decision of the ICC and the Promoter is final.
6. TEAM NAMES: ICC and the Promoter reserve the right to refuse to accept team names that are felt in its sole opinion to be inappropriate or offensive. Unsuitable names will be deleted and the team will appear under the entrant's name.
7. PLAYING THE GAME: The entrant must select their World XI from the player list. Each fantasy team must consist of 11 players, making sure you have no more than three players from any one nation during the Super 10s stage and no more than six players from any one nation in the semi-finals and the final. Furthermore, each team cannot contain more than three players listed in the top 10 of the Reliance ICC T20 rankings (batting,bowling or all rounder) as of a pre-determined date. Each team must also contain the right number of players in each player classification (a maximum of five batsmen, three all-rounders, one wicket keeper and four bowlers, depending on formation).
8. PLAYER LIST: The players included on the player list and their classifications have been determined by ICC and the Promoter. Neither party will enter into any correspondence relating to details of the player list, nor will they accept the inclusion into a team of any player not on the published list, although players may be added during the competition.
9. SCORING POINTS: Entrants will score points as highlighted on the 'Scoring Points' page of the Website.
10. TEAM CHANGES: Team changes are unlimited before the start of the tournament and throughout the preliminary group stage until 13:30 GMT (14:30 BST) on Friday, March 21 2014, allowing entrants to select six players in each match, but alternatively allow them to set up their teams in preparation for the Super 10s. Entrants can then make up to 20 team changes during the Super 10s. Team changes are then unlimited between the Super 10s and the knockouts, after which up to two changes can be made for the remainder of the competition. Team changes carried out after the scheduled start time of a match will only come into effect for the following Game.
11. PRIZES: Any information related to prizes can be found here on the ‘Prizes’ page.
12. The winner of the Game will be the entrant in each Leaderboard whose team has scored the highest number of points in that period. In the event of a tie on points scored, the team with the most batting points for the relevant period will be deemed the winner, followed by the number of bowling points. In the event of both of these additional factors also being tied, the team that was entered first into the competition will be deemed the winner. Winners will be notified by ICC by email within 72 hours of the Game’s completion, and will be required to respond to email notification within 7 days of notification. Failure to respond to a prize notification within this time may result in disqualification. ICC and the Promoter will not be liable if a prize cannot be taken by a winner for any reason beyond the control of ICC and/or the Promoter.
13. All prizes are sourced and delivered by ICC. The sponsors of the Game (if any) shall not bear any responsibility with regard to delivery of prizes. All winners are required to co-operate with ICC and the Promoter to publicise their win as ICC deems appropriate. Failure to comply with this rule may result in disqualification of the entry. Prizes will be awarded in accordance with the details set out above and in the Prizes page, as amended from time to time. ICC will agree with the winners the method of dispatch of the prizes and proof of dispatch will be considered proof of receipt. Any local duties and taxes, if applicable, on the delivery of the prizes will be borne by the prize winners.
14. A player of the Game can win only ONE prize. In the event that a player who is either the leading, second highest or third highest placed entrant at the end of the Game and also one of the leading entrant of either ‘First Round’ or ‘Super 10s Stage’ or ‘Knockout Stage’ the next-placed entrant on the Leaderboard for these stages will be judged to be the winner.
15. GENERAL: ICC and the Promoter's decision in relation to the award of prizes and all other matters associated with the Game will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. The prizes are non-transferable and there are no alternative prizes unless determined by the ICC and the Promoters. If for any reason it is not possible to provide the stated prize, ICC and the Promoter reserve the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value.
16. The Promoters' computer record of the entry will be considered to be the official entry. The Promoters and its associated, affiliated and subsidiary companies do not accept liability for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network conditions which may limit or prohibit the opportunity to participate in the Game.
17. The Game is only open to persons residing in a country where the Game is not prohibited or otherwise unlawful. Employees of ICC and the Promoters, their associated, affiliated and subsidiary companies, and their families, agents, and Game sponsors and any person connected with the Game are excluded from winning a prize.
18. Entrants’ participation in the Competition does not confer any rights to Entrants in or over, or grant Entrants any right to intellectual property connected with the Game. The rules, point structure and assist awards scheme are all the copyright of the Promoter. No information may be reproduced in any format without prior written consent from the Promoter. Fantasy League and ICC World Twenty20 are registered trademarks and cannot be used without the express permission of the Promoter or the ICC (as applicable).
19. Entry into the Game constitutes permission for ICC, the Promoters, Game sponsors (if any) and/or their associated, affiliated and subsidiary companies to use the names, team selections and photographs of participants at its discretion. All winners shall be required to participate in any such publicity as the ICC and/or the Promoters reasonably require. Except where prohibited, participation in this Promotion constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor's and Promoters', and any of their respective agents' use of winner's name, likeness, voice, opinions and biographical information for publicity, advertising, trade or promotional purposes in any media or manner, now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, without further payment, consideration, notice or approval.
20. ICC and the Promoters reserve the right to refuse to accept any entry which, in their opinion, does not comply with the terms and conditions of the Game or which contravenes the spirit of the Game. ICC and the Promoters further have an absolute discretion to disqualify any entry, or vary, amend or waive the terms and conditions of the Game at any time and participants agree that no liability shall attach to either party as a result thereof and that the exercise of such discretion shall not result in any compensation being payable or paid to any entrant.
21. It is a condition of entry to the Game that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules.
22. ICC and the Promoters accept no responsibility whatsoever for anything that may be published on a Private League bulletin board.
23. Any site users or entrants found to be attempting or suspected of attempting to hack into any servers or systems run by the Promoter will be immediately removed from the system and have their entries cancelled.
24. ICC and the Promoters will make all reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of the Game information on the Website and to update such information on a regular basis, but do not guarantee that such information will be accurate or up-to-date at all times.
25. ICC and the Promoters reserve the right to investigate any complaints that they receive but shall be under no obligation to do so. Should the either party choose to exercise this right, their decision shall be final and binding on all complainants and they shall not enter into any correspondence regarding its decision or any other matter.
26. Except as expressly provided in these Terms of Play, and to the extent permitted by law, ICC, the Promoter and Game sponsors (if any) and each of their employees, agents and partners disclaim any and all liability in respect of any loss or damage arising out of the Game and/or Website, whether such loss or damage results from negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise, and whether in contract or in tort or otherwise, including but not limited to the loss or corruption of data, any errors or omissions, content, delays or interruptions in transmission or operation and lines or communication failure. In no event shall ICC, the Promoter or a Game sponsor (if any) be liable for any loss of profit, goodwill and any indirect, special or other consequential or incidental damage, whether foreseeable or not.
27. If any provision of these Terms of Play proves to be illegal or unenforceable, this shall not prevent the remaining provisions continuing in full force and effect.
28. These Terms of Play will be interpreted in accordance with English law and the entrants agree that all claims arising from their participation in the Game which they may bring against ICC or the Promoters will be under the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
29. If you have any problems in accessing details about your chosen team or any other details regarding your entry or any general queries, please contact us.
30. This Promotion is strictly for entertainment purposes and may not be used in connection with any form of gambling.
31. By participating in this Promotion or receiving a prize, entrants (and in particular, winners) agree to release and to indemnify and hold harmless ICC, Promoters, Game sponsors (if any) and each of their respective related companies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") for any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in this Promotion (or related activities) or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize.